Saturday, January 10, 2015

Past and Present

Goals for 2014 - Review
  • 3 twin quilts for 2 more nieces and a nephew.  These were due in February, March & April for birthdays, rather than Christmas.  DONE! But the nephew's quilt wasn't completed until Christmas. And I also made a 4th for another niece and a queen-sized quilt for my cousin.

      • I want to make some of the fabric baskets from Sunday Morning Quilts. First, I need to organize my scraps.  Wish I had some of those baskets completed already to put them in. :) One slab created, but need another to make a basket.


      • Make a couple of charity quilts for little ones. No progress on this yet :(
      • Learn how to make a zippered pouch.  I've bookmarked some great-looking ones I've seen on other blogs. Made several Noodlehead Open Wide pouches and a boxy one, too!


      • I read in someone's blog that they always cut a couple of 5" charms and 2.5" mini charms from most or all of their fabric as they go.  That's a great idea in order to build up stock for scrappy quilts, so Im going to try to get into that habit, too. This may have been more ambitious than I can realistically keep up with.

      Goals for 2015
      • Birthday crowns for the twins' 4th birthday in April.
      • Complete some charity quilts.
      • Complete the fabric basket that's already in-progress.
      • Make something for me! Maybe a slab quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts.
      • Try some new techniques on smaller-scale projects.
      • Non-sewing related - purge my house of things I don't need anymore. Besides fabric, there's not a lot of stuff I want or really need.  This will be a long-term project.

        What projects do you have planned for this year?


        2 comments:

        1. Well done on your finishes for 2014 and good luck with your goals for this year! I too want to make something from Sunday Morning Quilts (am first working on building up my scrap stash LOL!)

          ReplyDelete
        2. Thanks, Jen! Good luck on your project! I hope we'll see it on one of the linky sites when you have it completed.

          ReplyDelete