Friday, December 13, 2013

Bungle Jungle Quilt #1

I'm trying to make 3 quilts for Christmas.  Yes, I know I've got less than 2 weeks left, but I finished quilt #1 last night - so time for a quick celebration!

Comprised of 5" charms (bought & hand cut) of various prints from the Moda Jungle Bungle line.  This is my second quilt ever, measuring 36 1/2 x 45 1/2.  I started piecing back in late summer and then stopped to finished the table runner and placemats featured in an earlier post.




Doing straight patchwork probably wasn't the best choice this early in my quilting endeavors, as I did quite a bit of ripping and re-sewing to get things to match up as best as I could.  The recipient's mother likes earth tones, so I stuck with the blue, green and gray prints from this line.

For the back I used the blue critter print and stitched in a ditch with a gray thread.  I did machine binding using the blue oodles prints and matching thread due to the time constraints.



I feel pretty good about how it turned out.  I wish the pictures were better, but it was very cold out this morning!  I'll replace them if I get a chance to do better.

Now on to finishing quilt #2, which is piece and pinned - ready to quilt!

Posted on Crazy Mom Quilts - Finish It Friday

4 comments:

  1. Great job for only your second quilt! The little one will love it, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kat! I'll have to post a picture after he receives it.

      Delete
  2. Looks great and I have been wanting to see a quilt int that line, so thank you! I hope you get all of your quilts finished in time, I am in a similar boat. Take care and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin! If you google: quilts made from bungle jungle fabric, there are a lot of cute quilts showing up. Many more than when I started piecing this one back in late summer, and many more challenging designs. It's always interesting to see what different people will do with a given fabric line. I wish you much luck in finishing up your projects, too! :)

      Delete